Children programmes are broadcast from all Regional and Local Radio Stations of AIR on weekly basis in their respective regional languages. These programmes are designated for age group 5-7 years and 8-14 years. Special programmes for rural children are also broadcast from AIR stations. Plays, short stories, features, choral singing, interviews, stories from epics etc are part of these broadcasts. Children’s Day is celebrated on November 14th as Baal Diwas with special children activities, stage shows and invited audience programmes.
Programmes are planned keeping in mind the following action points
- Protection of Rights of children
- Care and Support to disabled Children and child labour, children under difficult circumstances.
- Equal status of girls.
- Universal access to basic education to children and more attention to girls education.
- Providing safe and supportive environment to children
- Improvement in the economic condition of family and self-reliant society.
- National and International cooperation for better future of the child.
- Safe drinking water facility and sanitary means of excreta disposal.